Wednesday 28 January 2009

Happy Chinese New Year of the Ox!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR OF THE OX!!!!


Gong Xi Fa Cai! This is what we've been hearing a fair bit amongst our chinese friends here in Aberdeen. Indeed it is Chinese New Year....There is not much of an atmosphere here very unlike in Asia where it is one of the big celebrations......over here, Miks went to school as usual and stuff like that......However, we did have our CNY eve's meal albeit a lunch instead of a dinner....then we also went out for dinner with friends on Monday (1st day). Then on the 2nd day, I had a pot-luck lunch with the yee sang. That was rather fun!

As of my last post, i HAVE started work and that has been fun! I told my employers that yes i shall be back and the kids have not scared me enough for me not to return! ;-)


As for house hunting, just as i thought that i have found us the right house, i got beaten to it by someone else....this is 3 houses now...am going to be viewing more houses in the next 2 days....hopefully i will be able to find one to my liking as well as Miks and Mike's likings........seems like i have seen to many a house now...am getting confused myself! hehehe....
Anyways, i am hoping to be able to see just a few more houses and there is now one house that i am really keen on seeing...only problem is the house rental is over our budget! Wonder if they'll reduce rent????? Hopefully! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gong xi fa cai! And good luck with the house hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete